Project Description

Milton

Hi there!  My name is Milton and I’m a 3 year old CREAM AND WHITE PERSIAN with my claws.  I came to live with my FM in April of 2018. All the way from Indiana to Minnesota.  All of my siblings and I came from a sad situation where we weren’t being cared for like we needed to be.    When we first came to SPCR, there were about 28 of us. I know right?! Lots of brothers and sisters. We all had to see someone called a “vet” to check all of us out, get our bits and bobs fixed, and make sure we were healthy enough to go into foster homes.    We got shaved down to our naked bits (how embarrassing!), and some of us had some bad teeth extracted- I had 5. They told me I was something called emaciated too, which I think just means really hungry.

My furz were really icky and matted.  Initially they thought my legs were deformed, but found that the hair on my legs had matted very tightly to my tummy.  I wasn’t able to move my back legs for an extended period of time, and this caused my leg muscles to atrophy. (Now my back legs splay out a little and I don’t have very much BOING to jump.  That’s okay though, I can get around just fine, and get into and out of the litter box without any trouble at all.)

The day after we went to that “vet” place, we were packed up in the cars and started to make our way to our new foster homes.    We were the very last stop, and I was so tired, sore, and weak I had to be lifted out of my carrier, dressed in a warm shirt, and put in a heated bed.    My FM was worried I might not make it overnight. But I did! For the first few weeks a few times each day, she would come in with a bowl of yummy stuff, and I would chow down.   She started calling me Mr. Pigglesworth because all I wanted to do was eat and eat and eat. FM said I wasn’t allowed to have an all-you-can-eat- buffet because I had some tummy trouble.   Also since becoming a Minnesotan, I have had a few more teeth removed because they were bothering me. Eventually we figured out the kibble that gives me the least amount of trouble, and a wet food that I can lick up easily.   The two foods I get now are the best way for me to get yummies in my tummy.

Foster Mom also told us that we needed to use this thing called a “litter box”.   Man, what a weird concept! Now I am 100% with going potty in the box, and about 65% with my other business.   We compromise. She puts old newspaper around the litter box, and I have agreed to deposit the other 35% there.      

Teaching us that beds are a nice warm soft place to sleep, making sure our tummies didn’t hurt anymore, finding foods that we ate well, getting to a healthy weight, and socialized took a really long time.    Overall I am a low key dude. I play gently, and will allow you to pick me up to let me nap with you on a bed or couch. No laps though please. I still get nervous when you pick me up, and do not like to be held at all. When I’m wanting some attention I will trill or chirp.    Now that my furz have grown in, I have to be brushed and combed really often because I have a cottony coat. Getting my face washed and eyes wiped are no big deal to me. Remember earlier in my story about my leg BOINGS? Well, they aren’t strong enough to help me get up and down stairs or high places.  So, I will need either a place that has no stairs, or my people to help me get up and down them. I’m not worried about other calm cats, I just don’t like kamikaze / ninja cats that would play rough with me. I would be completely overwhelmed in busy house with lots going on, and also with small children.

Thanks for reading my story, and I hope you like my before and after photos.  Don’t I look super handsome now?! If you think I might be a good fit to be part of your furrever family, please submit an application for me.   Because of my special needs, my FM said she’s going to be picky about who get to ‘dopt me.  ADOPTION FEE $175.  FOSTERED IN GOLDEN VALLEY, MN. 

Quick Info

  • Color: Cream and White
  • Breed: Persian
  • Age: 3 years
  • Male
  • Has Claws
  • Special Needs
  • Adoption Fee: $175
  • Location: Golden Valley, MN
  • Good with Calm Cats

  • No Dogs

  • No Kids

ADOPT ME
SPONSOR ME